The time of the year is here when all we want is a healthy rejuvenating drink.
To help you relax in this changing weather, Typhoo- the iconic British tea brand has come up with some cool yet healthy recipes.
1) Iced Peach Mint green tea -
· 3 cups cold water
· 5 Typhoo Green Tea Moroccan Mint bags
· 112 ounce can peach nectar
· ½ cup fresh mint leaves, slightly crushed
· 3 tablespoons sugar
· Ice cubes
Bring water just to boiling in a large saucepan. Remove from heat; add Typhoo green tea bags.
Steep covered, for 5 minutes. Remove and discard bags. Stir in nectar, mint and sugar. Cover and chill for 2 to 4 hours. Strain tea mixture; serve over ice. Makes 5 servings
2) Black currant mint green iced tea –
· 3 Typhoo Blackcurrant Bracer Fruit Infusion tea bags
· 3 Typhoo green tea Moroccan mint tea bags
· 4 cups water
· Mint leaves
To prepare the iced tea:
1. Place six tea bags in a heat-safe bowl or container. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil, and then pour over tea bags. Let steep for 10 or so minutes
2. Once steeped, remove tea bags and pour in 3 cups of cold water. Chill until ready to serve
1. Add several blackcurrant and fresh mint leaves to the bottom of a sturdy glass. Using a muddler or a wooden spoon, press down on the blackcurrant/mint leaves and lightly twist. The blackcurrant will burst slightly and the mint leaves will become even more fragrant
2. Add ice and pour tea over top. Garnish with extra blackcurrant and mint leaves if you like.