Saturday, 30 May 2015

VES, ICTACT, Rajiv Gandhi Institute Youth Development programme to boost student entrepreneurship

·         The 5-day Programme to train qualified faculty members from 12 colleges in Maharashtra.

·         The effort aims at helping the vast majority of 85% of engineering pass-outs who are unemployable to become employable 



 Mumbai 23rd May: 

If you are a student and aspire to become an entrepreneur, campuses will soon offer a perfect platform to conceive a business plan and find an incubator.
The Vivekananda Educational Society (VES), in association with the Central government organisation ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu (ICTACT) and the Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, is organising a 5-day training programme to train 25 national service scheme (NSS) officers or qualified faculty members who will, in turn, train 40 students each in their respective institutions. 
The programme, which kicked off today at VES, Mumbai and christened ‘Youth Entrepreneurship Development Programme,’ is meant for NSS officers or qualified faculty members in Maharashtra.
The participants in the programme include city-based institutes such as the MGM College, Sathaye College, South Indians’ Welfare Society College, South Indian Education Society, Somaiya College, Bombay Institute of Management, Siddharth College, VG Vaze College, Dalmia Institute, Viva College, Bharti Vidhyapeeth Engineering and the Thane College among others.
Every trained and certified participant will return to their respective institutions and identify 40 young graduates who are keen on pursuing entrepreneurship and deliver the 30 hrs programme to them. This will be followed by an online assessment of their entrepreneurial skills.
“The objective is to improve Self-Employability. According to a recent research, a mere 10-15% of engineering pass-outs are employable in the country. This programme is an attempt at helping the rest 85% become self-employable. They should not only be able to create new businesses but also provide employment to others. I am sure this beginning will serve this purpose,” said Nirmal Kumar, Deputy Manager, Training and development ICTACT.
After the completion of the training programme, the students will submit business plans and will select top 10 business plans and nominate for the next level. A state- and national-level best business plan will be identified and students along with NSS officers or qualified faculty members will be recognized with awards and certificates.
The course material for the 40 students also shall be provided by the ICTACT. The ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu (ICTACT), an initiative of the Central and state governments and the industry, is a not-for-profit autonomous organization focusing to improve the quality of students passing out of engineering institutions to make them industry ready and immediately employable.
The programme will be implemented in 12 states. The states that have already completed training are Assam, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Kerala, Punjab and Karnataka. The current programme will see the completion of the same in Maharashtra and the next week will be in MP, Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra, Gujarat and UP. ICTACT will select top 3 business plans from all the 12 states.

No comments:

Post a Comment